replace BR shutoff

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by macd34, Apr 9, 2014.

1. macd34

macd34 New Member

Hi,
    I live in a condo (built in '68 if it matters). My building will be shutting off the water to do a backflow test. I have a busted shutoff valve on my bathroom sink, I'm wondering if while they are testing I can replace it or will it mess their test up? I would have to pay a maintenance guy to come out and open our service room, then use their plumbers, when I know a plumber willing to trade work (I'm a painter). I really can't afford to pay their "big guys" to do something so simple. Thanks for all your help.
    MacD
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You will want to talk to them first.
    If they are shutting off water, you my have a chance there. But you want to let them know, or they could it back on before your plumber is done.
    Normally to replace a shutoff, you give notice and then schedule the work up.