repairing where well pipe enters house

Users who are viewing this thread

erco2

Reaction score
I'm repairing where the well pipe comes into the house. The pipe and wire came in through the same hole, which didn't make for a good seal. Whenever it rained, it leaked into the basement. I have since put the wire through it's own hole above ground in conduit, and am about to tackle the pipe.

I'm looking for some advice on how to best seal this up so that I don't have to be digging in the ground any more. My options are:

1. Remove pipe as it is (a pain to do w/o digging more), cement it up, put it back in

2. Cut the pipe (easier to manipulate), cement it, connect it back up.

I'm going to do some French drain stuff, but want to get this out of the way first. If anyone could tell me what they thinks is best to do, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

pic of hole:
well.jpg

dumberplumber

Reaction score
Assuming that the picture is of the inside of the wall and that there is a gear clamp holding the two pipes together, I would suggest that you carefully use an appropriate chisel to remove the concrete and whatever other material seems to be around the pipe so that the gear clamp is accessible and then use a fast setting cement to finish around the outer pipe. Do the same on the outside, if required, and cover with a good parching or tar material which is available for such applications.

Rburt5

Reaction score
I had almost the exact same problem 2 years ago. I used Quickrete Hydraulic Waterstop Cement (from Lowes or HD) on both the outside and inside of the block wall. Make sure you only mix as much as you will need because it dries very fast. It even sets up under water, which amazes me. I haven't had any problems since then.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks