Repair or replace Swanstone tub wall?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by startswimming, May 2, 2005.

1. startswimming

startswimming New Member

Hi All,
    We have a seven-year-old Swanstone tub wall that was installed as part of remodel. The bottom of the slender soap dish panel is no longer flush to the other panels (warped?) and there is mold/mildew in there. I'd hate to get rid of the whole thing but don't know if there's a way to remedy the situation. Can that panel be "reattached"? Does anyone have experience with this? I'd appreciate any thoughts/advice.
    Tracy
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If I had to guess, there is drywall behind the panels. If so, then you won't get the thing to sit flat because the caulked seal failed, water got into the drywall, and it swelled up. If you are really lucky, you might be able to remove the panels, replace the backing with cement board, and reinstall the panels. My unprofessional opinion...hope I'm wrong.