Repair fill valve in Duravit Metro? B3800E

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by ivan2009, Dec 31, 2008.

1. ivan2009

ivan2009 New Member

My 3 year-old Duravit Metro moans during refill after each flush. The sound and vibration is definitely coming from the fill valve. This toilet appears to use a WDI B3800E fill valve. Is it possible to replace the O-ring in that valve, assuming that it is the source of the problem, or must a new fill valve be obtained? It certainly is not easy finding information on Duravit and/or WDI replacement parts on-line. The Duravit web site is total marketing fluff and zero technical content. Then the WDI plumbing site looks geared more to wholesale customers who plan to purchase thousands of parts at at time. Maybe Duravit is supposed to be good, but if something goes wrong you're really on your own. And no, I didn't purchase the Duravit; it was in the house when I bought it.

Anyways, if repairing or replacing the WDI fill valve is not feasible, is it possible to use a different and hopefully more commonly available fill valve in place of it? Thanks and Happy New Year.
    http://www.wdiplumbing.com/eng/products.asp?parentid=1&id=6

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

A Fluidmaster 400A should be a good replacement fill valve...
    Certainly an upgrade as far as I'm concerned...
  3. ivan2009

ivan2009 New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I bought a FluidMaster 400A and installed it without any problem. I did need to sand away a bit of build up in the tank so that the shank washer would form a true seal.