removing vintage Widespread American Standard Bathroom sink faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by alexinseattle, Jul 7, 2010.

1. alexinseattle

alexinseattle New Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate any help you can give me. I'm a fairly handy diy guy, but sometimes I need a little advice.

I have a 1961 house that has old American Standard widespread faucets on the bathroom sinks. I'm having a problem getting the pipes off where they connect to the spout base. I'm assuming this is a friction fit and they just slide on. I've tried prying with a screw driver, but they won't budge. They do move side to side, so I know they do move a little, just not down and off.

I also need to remove the spout itself. Any tips?

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

those are soldered...they don't come out;

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    You have to remove the tube from the other valve body. Then just pull down while twisting back and forth. The rubber seal is squeezed into the threads and you have to get it to slide down.