removing vintage Widespread American Standard Bathroom sink faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by alexinseattle, Jul 7, 2010.

  1. alexinseattle

    alexinseattle New Member

    Jul 7, 2010
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate any help you can give me. I'm a fairly handy diy guy, but sometimes I need a little advice.

    I have a 1961 house that has old American Standard widespread faucets on the bathroom sinks. I'm having a problem getting the pipes off where they connect to the spout base. I'm assuming this is a friction fit and they just slide on. I've tried prying with a screw driver, but they won't budge. They do move side to side, so I know they do move a little, just not down and off.

    I also need to remove the spout itself. Any tips?

    Thanks for the help.

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    those are soldered...they don't come out;
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    You have to remove the tube from the other valve body. Then just pull down while twisting back and forth. The rubber seal is squeezed into the threads and you have to get it to slide down.
Similar Threads: removing vintage
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Can I replace drain on pedestal sink without removing sink?? Mar 19, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Removing faucet from SS sink; nut coroded to underplate Mar 15, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Removing Jacuzzi Air Control Knobs Jan 30, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Removing a locknut from a kitchen sink? Jan 17, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Removing the water supply line on a kitchen sink Nov 16, 2014

Share This Page