Removing the water supply line on a kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Manisha Patel

Reaction score
I was able to unscrew the bolt/nut, but was not able to remove the tubing from the water supply line. I pulled and pulled and it would not come out. This was my first plumbing job and I am afraid I might have to call in a professional, simply because it would not come out. Do anyone have a suggestion? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Post a picture of what you're talking about to ensure a reliable answer.

Manisha Patel

Reaction score
I was able to unscrew the bolt/nut, but was not able to remove the tubing from the water supply line. I pulled and pulled and it would not come out. This was my first plumbing job and I am afraid I might have to call in a professional, simply because it would not come out. Do anyone have a suggestion? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Manisha Patel

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thanks for the idea. To save time, I found a pic online. After loosing the bolt/nut, I can not remove the line that runs from the faucet to the shut off value. I pulled and pulled. This sink was put in the early 90's. I have everything figured out and can get the job done but this snag. I am thanking you for any help you can give me.
water supply line.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Unless you have a metal or plastic tube supply line, it is not inserted into the valve so it should come loose by twisting it sideways. If you have a metal supply line you have to bend it in the middle to remove it.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you have muli-turn valves (angle stops) you should consider replacing those with 1/4 turn valves. The 1/4 turn units are ball valves, and they are less likely to leak or seize.

And if you are replacing the faucet anyway, you could just cut the line going to the faucet if that line does not come free readily.

If you have the valve shown in the drawing, I think that is a compression connection valve. A good photo could show what you really have.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks