Removing Purple Primer Drip (oops)

Users who are viewing this thread

Stephen Strong

Reaction score
Spilled the purple primer and this was the first site I came across. So before I jumped to and heavy duty stuff or sanding this problem out, I seen someone posted toothpaste. Figured what's the harm in trying it first, if it doesn't work no harm done. Well after picking up some regular crest toothpaste and a toothbrush and scrubbing in circles for an hour and a half I managed to get the stain out completely and used some spray on liquid wax for like a car type made it all shiny again like it never happen. Side note the darker it is stain the harder it will be to scrub out. DON'T USE THE PURPLE SHIT use the clear primer.
Hopefully this help whoever makes the same mistake in the future. I have pictures of before and after I was done.

View attachment 36869 View attachment 36870 View attachment 36871

It was a fiberglass tub with glossy finish

Erico

Reaction score
It was a fiberglass tub with glossy finish
The only problem with not using the purple stuff is you might forget forget what you glued or didn't glue.

We plumbed our new/added bath and my neighbor's bath downstairs (joint project) and set the project aside for six months. I had to get on my knees with a magnifying glass to make sure everything was glued.

I guess this is why the inspectors want to see the purple stuff.

My bother once warned me to toss one of the half used cans. I didn't. Sure enough it leaked in my SUV. Luckily I had a liner in the back over the carpet.

Those cans leak when they are brand new. Worse when they've been opened.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've left many a can of cement and primer sitting on a curb in a supermarket parking lot after getting gassed on the way home from a job. No, that can ain't tight at all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks