Removing marble tile floor for wood floor

Users who are viewing this thread

m7777777

Reaction score
Hi, I have removed marble tile from my entry way for the purpose of putting wood floors down throughout the house. I didn't realize that 2 inches under the marble tile would be what seems to be a sand bed before getting to the cement foundation. For the sake of putting down a glue down wood floor on top, what do I need to do to that 2 inch bed after having removed the sand to prepare for putting down the wood flooring?

I've heard several different opinions so need some more please!

Thanks!
m7777777

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm assuming that you need to build the floor up to keep the levels common? I guess it would depend on the actual height you need and how flat the slab is. Some more details might help formulate a path forward. I'd lean toward sleepers with a T&G ply subfloor, but it would depend on the results of the height buildup and flatness.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks