removing elbow inlet pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

johntrigon

Reaction score
hi there - I am fitting a new shower and I need to remove two old elbow inlet pipes from the hot and cold pipes supplying my old shower so that I can fit the new inlet pipes. how do i do this? they are plastic and of the 'push-fit' variety. they seem stuck firm and i don't know how to remove them. unfortunately these old ones broke at the elbows when i was removing the old shower so there is no option to reuse them!. Many thanks for your help - I'm desperate. John

Last edited:

johntrigon

Reaction score
more information - picture

hi again guys. this is a picture of what I was describing. can anyone please advise me how to remove these? many thanks! john

Attachments

• pipes.JPG
    pipes.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
you got troubles

the push fit stuff should be outlawed becuse the only time it really holds good is when you dont want it to.

what is in the wall anyway????? What is it attached to ?? galvanized pipe?? copper??

as long as it is not plastic pipe comming out of the wall,

one sure approach that would work to get those off would be to get an old flat head screwdriver that you dont like anymonre......

heat it up with your torch until its bright red.....HOT.
then basically melt through that fitting with your trusty
"screwdriver branding iron"" It will cut through the plastic it like butter.....

you might have to re-heat it once or twice but once you have made one good cut doen to the pipe it should come off pretty easily...

what you do from there is determined with what you got to work with.

ps......dont burn the house down.

good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks