Removing Brass/Chrome from PVC Connection

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Marko200, May 27, 2014.

1. Marko200

Marko200 New Member

I had a pedestal sink and have removed it to install a traditional vanity/cabinet. I need to extend the trap about 2 inches so that it will line up with the new sink hole. I was planning on dismantling the connection re-plumbing to extend the trap out further. I cannot figure out how this connection is made to dismantle it. I have the escutcheon pulled back as far as it can go and I do not see any type of Descanco or fitting under it that I can unscrew. You can see in one of the photos where the PVC steps down as it enters the wal, which appears to be a glued joint. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Mark

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The trap elbow is screwed on, but I cannot be sure what it is screwed on to It looks like an ABS male adapter, but it also has a shine to it as if it is some kind of metal connection.
  3. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

I'm betting on a galvanized nipple coming out of the wall with the chrome trap ell threaded on to it. It might come off easily but usually.....not.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Most things"come off easily", if you have a big enough wrench. It could be a galvanized nipple with a chrome cover tube.