Removing Brass/Chrome from PVC Connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Marko200

Reaction score
I had a pedestal sink and have removed it to install a traditional vanity/cabinet. I need to extend the trap about 2 inches so that it will line up with the new sink hole. I was planning on dismantling the connection re-plumbing to extend the trap out further. I cannot figure out how this connection is made to dismantle it. I have the escutcheon pulled back as far as it can go and I do not see any type of Descanco or fitting under it that I can unscrew. You can see in one of the photos where the PVC steps down as it enters the wal, which appears to be a glued joint. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Mark

Attachments

• Master.jpg
    Master.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Master2.jpg
    Master2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 263

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The trap elbow is screwed on, but I cannot be sure what it is screwed on to It looks like an ABS male adapter, but it also has a shine to it as if it is some kind of metal connection.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm betting on a galvanized nipple coming out of the wall with the chrome trap ell threaded on to it. It might come off easily but usually.....not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks