Removing a 3" Stack vent - Replacing with 4 - 1 1/2" vents?????

Users who are viewing this thread

hotsk8rsxe

Reaction score
I have attached a quick sketch of what I am looking to do. I am removing the wall that the 3" stack is in, and I was hoping that I could eliminate it as per the attached drawing. I am considering that the surface area of 1 1/2" pipe is 1.8 - so 4 of them would equal 7.2 square inches, and the 3" stack is 7.1 square inches, so I figure as long as I tie each 1 1/2" vent back into the 3" individually It should work; For some reason I am second guessing myself.

Anyone have any thoughts for me.

Thank you all in advance for reading/responding to my post.

Michael

Attachments

• Clinton Vent Diagram.pdf
    7.4 KB · Views: 372

hotsk8rsxe

Reaction score
In most areas the toilet needs a 2" vent.

My bathroom Lav will be 2' downstream from the toilet, and will be an 1 1/2" Wet Vent, and then the tub 1 1/2" vent will be 2' upstream from the toilet and this will also act as a wet vent. I am in NJ, the homeowner does not want inspections, but I still want to be sure that I am doing things correctly.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I am in NJ, the homeowner does not want inspections, but I still want to be sure that I am doing things correctly.

I was working on a home this week where the general wanted me to run two lavs, a shower and washer on existing 1.5" waste. I refused. I bumped up the contract and replaced those sections. As I'm working on the place, I see all this dryrot that they haven't bothered to cut out. Yikes!

It's nice that you are trying to make your project right. :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; y bathroom Lav will be 2' downstream from the toilet, and will be an 1 1/2" Wet Vent,

The toilet vent has to be 2" ALL THE WAY, if your area requires a 2" toilet vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks