remove RPZ valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

lawnpsycho

Reaction score
Is it necessary for the RPZ valve to my lawn sprinkler system be removed for the winter? The service technician that winterized my system told me they do not recommend removing the RPZ valve. Yet, I get conflicting information that says it's a must that the valve is removed and stored in a heated space. Which is correct?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I always pull mine because it seems there a many little places where water might not blow out. It may be overkill, but at over $100 for a new one, I figure I can spend a few minutes to pull it out.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Some localities do not approve of union installations of RPZs, so it would then be necessary to partially dismantle them to get out the water. I have to do that dismantling on most of my own RPZ installations.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks