Remove mount for handheld shower head

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by lumpy88, Jul 31, 2014.

1. lumpy88

lumpy88 New Member

I'm (obviously) a beginner to plumbing so I apologize if this seems ridiculous. I have an Interbath Ondine handheld shower head. From the research I've done it seems to be the Adlon line of...shower products. I'd like to remove this and install a normal shower head because it's leaking from the mount and I'd also just like a normal shower head. From looking at the mount, which seems to be called a designer supply elbow, I cannot see any way to remove it. I've searched for a manual and cannot find anything online. Any help or a link to a manual would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

[​IMG]

You have something that looks like this right?

Shove a screw driver inside the bottom and turn counter clockwise is one way of removing it....
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You grab it with a wrench and unscrew it. If the pipe in the wall does not remove with it, then do the same thing to it. THen install a conventional shower arm and shower head of your choice.
  4. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

Like this. But I hold the screwdriver right where it meets the inlet.

Counter clockwise out.

[​IMG]