Remove Iron from pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

waterworld

Reaction score
First of all Hello.

I am thinking of installing a softener for my house and was wondering how to remove the iron from the inside of my PVC pipes or should I even be concerned with this?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most of the time after a softener or iron filter goes it the treated water will clean out the inside of the pipes, ie the build up will go back into the water because the water does not have the iron thus pulling the iron back into the water from the build up inside the pipes. This might take a few days or a week or two depending on the amount of iron that has been in the water and the age of the place in question.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I will use new to cut in the system from the current pipes, but the rest will stay. Now the pvc or cpvc might stay stained, but iron bleed off as the clean water starts to flow could take a few days or up to 2 weeks as reported by my customers around here.. Your case will be different, but the iron in the current lines and water heater should get less as the usage and days go by.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks