Remote "On / Off" indicator light for a submersible pump?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by nofears67, May 23, 2010.

1. nofears67

nofears67 New Member

The well for my home is located about 500 feet away. I can see the well building but cannot tell when the pump is running. I was wondering if there is some type of light that I could mount on a 4'-5' tall mast (mounted on my well bldg) that would illuminate green when the pump was running and red when it was off.

I would like to know if certain activites within the home are creating too much cycling on my pump.

I know pump panels have these lights but I am looking for something that can be wired remotely from the panel (about 15' away) and be weatherproof.

Thanks!
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Easiest thing to do would be to wire an "on" light right to the pressure switch.
  3. nofears67

nofears67 New Member

That is no problem, the problem is finding a weather proof light that has both green and red in it. Do you know of such a beast?

Thanks!
  4. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Why bother with 2 lights?

Wire a single light so that if the pump is on, the light is on. If the light is off, so is the pump.
  5. nofears67

nofears67 New Member

I don't know, good point. Any idea where I can find such a weatherproof light that can be mounted on a mast?

Thanks for the help!
  6. luke3

luke3 New Member