Remodel wall hung toilet

Discussion in 'UPC Plumbing Code Questions' started by TCor, Jun 3, 2014.

1. TCor

TCor New Member

Hello,

I'm remodeling a second floor bathroom and changing toilet to wall hung. Venting this bathroom stack seems to be a little tricky due to wall hung toilet and space limitations with framing and trusses between floors. I came up with the following diagram that should work... Does anybody see any issues with the plumbing/venting? Note that I may have to change the wye that comes off the soil stack (for toilet vent) to a tee depending on space limitations.

Thanks for your help.

plumbing diagram.jpg
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I assume you are using a toilet with an "in the wall" tank, otherwise the vent would come out of top of the carrier, and the toilet "outlet" would be part of the carrier, not an elbow.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It all likes good.

The double lav can also be a 2.0" x 1.5" x 1.5" x 1.5" fixture cross.

The way you have the lav drain is what I do on a 1.5" drain. For code, a double lav needs a 2" on the down hill side, but sometimes on remodel with only the 1.5" waste I will plumb it that way. It does snake better too.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014