Remembering 9/11

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Maybe, it didn't seem real to you until, you saw the buildings?
But, a loss of 3,000 lives in an attack speak volumes.

Not to be crass Cookie, but many more Americans die from avoidable causes (e.g. gun crime) every year and that's before we get to the much larger numbers of those dying from preventable diseases and famine in other countries.

It was the nature and the scale of the 9/11 attack that was so sickening. And you need to be here to fully understand that. To talk to the ordinary people that faced the horror of that day.

Pearl Harbor was a military attack on military personnel (they know the risks when they sign up - at least in England they do).

During 9/11 bankers and cooks took the wrath of extremists. That can't be right.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, to be honest, you are comparing apples to oranges there Ian. It was an attack not just a shoot out. We didn't do this to ourselves, it was done to us. Plus, Ian, what if... someone had a weapon ( a gun) aboard those planes besides the enemy? That could had changed the course of the lives for at least 3,000 people and their families.

I talked many times with a Seabee while growing up, he was a neighbor, friend, and a suvivor of Pearl Harbor. He showed me all the pictures, he was a grand man.

Another survivor of the same attack, Pearl Harbor, had Non Hodgkins, and I was asked to visit him when he was diagnosed. When I found out he was there at Pearl Harbor, it helped to take his mind off of his illness in talking about it. When he passed, he left me all his pictures and mementos. He was funny, he always wished he was 60 years younger, and then I would tell him he was too young for me. ;) He ended up taking his own life in his garage.

If you talked to any of those men during those times in Hawaii you would readily, understand what I am saying.

Years ago, I got to know a surgeon who was from Japan whose family moved to Hawaii,
and as a little boy he was riding his bike to school that eventful day. I heard the stories from 3 different people, and how funny, they all say the same thing. This surgeon asked me to write his story for him back then, since then has asked again, and maybe, I will accept and do it. He lives nearby, but, he is very hard to understand, we would work through tapes, but even so, that is not an easy thing.

You say tomato, I say Tomato, someone who attacks you in my book, is your enemy.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I agree Pearl Harbor was a tragic event.

Without it you would have never entered the war.

Cookie

Reaction score
You ever hear of relabeling? Even in the Kings English, the social theorists of the 60's & 70's mugged language as well, riots were upgraded to insurrections, terriorists to freedom fighters. It all depends, of course Ian, to whose ox is being gored. When the PLO blew up the school buses in Israel, they were called guerrillas, and freedom fighters by American journalists. The Islamic extremists who blew up the American embassies in the Middle east and East Africa were excoriated as terrorists by the same folks, same correspondents. During the 60's & 70's, psychopaths were renewed sociopaths. It was called, the Rename Game.

I think the word terriorist is inappropriate & ineffective, not, because of what it means, but because I feel it in someway glorifies their goal.

Think of all the words we have renamed through the past 4 decades.
I think of Rosanne Barr, when she started calling her a, domestic engineer.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
yea sure we are

icon1.png
That's right, we are a peaceful loving nation, no war.

what a total load of horse-

this is really a point of view that you tell yourself to make yourself
feel better about all the nasty things in your countries past that you would
rather forget. Ugly things that were done a while back
so you can have an easy , leisurely life... today
People like to demonize others so they can either butcher them, or
impose and indoctronate them into their religion....
(and of course forceing them into your relgion is really for their own good)

why dont you ask the american indians living in shacks on Reservations
what they think about how wonderful and loving we are???
I wonder what they think ......

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Don't go getting your bowels in an uproar, lol, I was replying in like with sarcasm. If you remember correctly, Ian thinks we entered the war way too late and they did all the work. ;)

I know about the Indians, thank you.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Whats so new about a slaughter? A few decades back the Zulu's chopped, hacked and raped a few MILLION Hutu's to death with dull sharpened leaf springs, and the whole world watched "Married with children" No newsmen would go there, so its a non issue.

Jumping from a burning building is a mercy next to the machete treatment.

Then of course, fire bombing Tokyo and Dresden and Londons attacks, and finally a few nuclear experiments in Japan. They make 9-11 look like a hiccup in the worlds history. I've been to the smoking NYC rubble, I know the misery, but its just a nano second in time.

You and your knights templar, Ian should have continued the crusades so that we could vacation in Iraq now and have .29 cent gasoline. The brutes must die and their kin kept in control.

Gear up your Brits and French, and lets move our stuff into Iraq before a REAL disaster hits. Quadaffy duck was just a absurd training mission that one .22 caliber bullet could have solved.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
It all started to slip when we lost America. There's another relabeling.

I don't recall the British calling it "freedom fighting" at that time either.

A lot of history is the struggle for freedom. Or extremism. I still don't understand which.

Whatever, it shouldn't excuse the loss of life.

Last edited:

Pipehacker

Reaction score
A lot of history is the struggle for freedom. Or extremism. I still don't understand which.

What is freedom to one person will inevitably be extremism to another. Who is right depends on who survives the resulting conflict.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
It all started to slip when we lost America. There's another relabeling.

I don't recall the British calling it "freedom fighting" at that time either.

Whatever, it shouldn't excuse the loss of life.

You lost America long before it resembled America.

And the history of struggle for freedom [ or eliminiation therof] is about EXTERMINATION via extremism.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks