Relocating Waste Stack

Users who are viewing this thread

spencerb

Reaction score
I am in the process of a extensive remodel where we are removing a 1st floor bath to open up our kitchen. The existing 3" waste stack ran from the basement, through a wall that we removed on the first floor, and continued though the second floor bath as shown on my crude drawing below. I would like to relocate the stack to the far wall which is approximately 10ft away from the toilet flange. Right now I am trying to figure out a design for the second floor toilet and sink with proper venting.

The basic design for the toilet would be to run 3" piping with the proper 1/4" per foot slope in the 2nd floor joists which would terminate into a 90 Tee joint 10' away from the flange.

The sink would tie into the 3" piping for the toilet and vent the trap with reducers to the remaining existing 3" main vent.

Not sure about the long distance travel for solids and if additional venting is needed? Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Waste Stack Relocation.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
The question that will come up is how are the 1st and basement vented?

spencerb

Reaction score
The question that will come up is how are the 1st and basement vented?

The bath on the first floor will be removed and moved to the opposite side of the house which I did not include on this drawing. The plan was to vent to the new 3" main vent, basically tieing in to that line in the attic.

There is another 2" vent for the laundry basin & kitchen sink the close to the existing 3" basement sewer that I could tee into.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks