Relocating Wash Machine

Users who are viewing this thread

Ziteac

Reaction score
I am looking at moving my washer dryer down the wall about 10 feet. I am trying to come up with options for the drain and vent. Currently there is a 1.5" stand pipe that tees into a 2 inch drain. Knowing that a 2" drain pipe distance is 6 feet and 3" is 10' can I go with a 3" stand pipe with ptrap and the 10 foot distance and reduce down to the existing drain.

Any other ideas would be great, I just cannot add another vent unless I tear up the kitchen nor can I run a pipe outside up to the roof because of an eve.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "big to little" option is not a viable one. But, as I stated elsewhere, the clearance issue usually only applies to "permanent" items, but your dryer is portable, and can be moved out of the way anytime access is needed to the Air conditioner unit. Or to put it another way, but less convenient, you COULD just take the dryer and put it in a corner, then move it back when you needed to dry clothing. It would be the same thing, and would still have the required access.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks