Relocating drain! Look good?

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeVila

Reaction score
Out of the trap outlet and a 90 into the horizontal run of the T. And street 90 out of the top of the T and then run to the vent stack at the wall. And for the abs to pvc I guess I could put a piec of pipe on each side of the T and use no hub connectors? Noone seems to like the transition cement. I just don't know why I keep getting mixed info? I don't know that's why i'm here to ask you guys. Your the guru's!:D

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
And the drain fittings being used aren't supposed to be concealed. Maybe the best bet is to have an inspector take a look and if he OK's it call it good.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

NO plumber would tell you TO use the tee, and NO plumber would tell you NOT TO use a "Y". The "Y" with a street 1/8 bend turned horizontally while not ideal will give you an operating vent. Is that ABS in the end of the tee, or just a dark open space? IF ABS, then no, you should not mix materials.

MikeVila

Reaction score
Yes sir that is ABS. I had bought the transition cement but have heard so many people say not to use it. I have no hub couplers that I will use then. I was told to use T's. That is why I was getting so confused. May I ask why the sanitary T isn't allowed. It has the curve in it, seems like it would be pretty much same as the wye? Not enough slope/curve I presume?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tee

It has a curve, but it is so slight that the tee is not really a directional fitting. In a vertical pipe gravity makes it directional and the slight curve is an asset in many applications. This is not true in a horizontal line, however. There is no similarity between a sanitary tee and a "Y" or combination Y-1/8 bend, and in many cases they are not interchangeable.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Transition Cement can only be used if allowed by code in your local area.

A Sani-Tee cannot pe used on its back like that, use a wye and street 45 or, a combo fitting.

The trap you have cannot be used in a concealed location.

MikeVila

Reaction score
What is wrong with the trap? Now that I think, is it because it has a union and isn't solvent welded? So I would have to get one and glue it so there is no swivel? Is it considered concealed even if there will be a small square hole in the subfloor where you will tighten everything?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
What is wrong with the trap? Now that I think, is it because it has a union and isn't solvent welded? So I would have to get one and glue it so there is no swivel? Is it considered concealed even if there will be a small square hole in the subfloor where you will tighten everything?

Yup, No union.

MikeVila

Reaction score
LOL, see learn something new everyday. Just get a regular trap and dry fit everything and mark all the fittings with a black marker? How do you guys usually put the tailpiece in? After everything is glued and you set the whirlpool in the island do you then tilt the whirlpool up to slike and glue the tailpiece in? Again probably a dumb question but........... Learned alot from this forum already. I really appreciate the help and info.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Usually the last thing I glue on is the trap. Get everything lined up perfect then put the trap on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks