Reliable Tub/Drain Overflow Units - Which brands are reliable

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by chefwong, Jun 15, 2011.

1. chefwong

chefwong Member

For tub/drain/overflow units, what brands out there are reliable.

The last time I did a bathroom renov, I was told to avoid all the name brands and go with a Gerber.
  2. plumber2011

plumber2011 Expert Plumber

Things haven't changes much over the years, Chefwong! In my opinion, the Gerber tub waste and overflow assembly is, and always will be, the GO TO tub waste assembly...;) There are many other brands that do a good job, but for the average DIY person, stick with what works easiest...GERBER!

I don't recommend the toe touch or lift and twist type tub wastes that are so popular nowadays as these seem to require that you periodically disassemble the lift/push mechanism to clean of hair clogs.

Good luck!
  3. chefwong

chefwong Member

Thx. I have not gone ~fixture~ shopping .
    Here's hoping the design won't conflict with the rest of the shower/tub/sink trim.