Reliable brands?

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by wrdrennan, Apr 27, 2012.

1. wrdrennan

wrdrennan New Member

I'm seeking a new water heater, gas tank. Size 50 gal or greater-- maybe 65 or 75. Consumer reports says the ones with longer warranties are usually better which make sense, but they only list 4 brands, Kenmore, Whirlpool, GE, Rheem. Are those brands all equally good? Are there other solid brands I should consider? Basically, I want to go at least another 10 years without ever having to mess with my water heater again. What to buy?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Consumer Reports?
    Really?

The plumbers that have to work and install like the Rheem very much.
    There are many products that CR likes that plumbers won't touch. That's because we have to deal with returns and repairs. Unlike the guys writing their reports that are really like paid shoppers that never bring the product home, but just casually look up and down the aisle tapping on things.