Regluing Broken PVC

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by DME, Feb 11, 2007.

1. DME

DME New Member

While attempting to remove a section of previously glued 1 1/2" PVC from a drain tee the hub broke. After removing the pipe from the hub I found the pieces and reglued them exactly in place then inserted the new 1 1/2" pipe and glued it. Since this is a drain, and under no pressure, do you think it will be water tight? If I could have replaced the complete tee I would have but circumstances prevented that.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tee

Not likely, and it definitely does not have the strength of an unbroken fitting, so any stress will break it again.