Regluing Broken PVC

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by DME, Feb 11, 2007.

1. DME

DME New Member

While attempting to remove a section of previously glued 1 1/2" PVC from a drain tee the hub broke. After removing the pipe from the hub I found the pieces and reglued them exactly in place then inserted the new 1 1/2" pipe and glued it. Since this is a drain, and under no pressure, do you think it will be water tight? If I could have replaced the complete tee I would have but circumstances prevented that.

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    tee

Not likely, and it definitely does not have the strength of an unbroken fitting, so any stress will break it again.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement