Reem condensing vertical venting Routing question

Users who are viewing this thread

Ken Brumbaugh

Reaction score
I have a Reèm RTGH 84DVLN unit to install to replace an old Bosch unit. My existing vent goes straight up with my intake going horizontal. There are no guidelines for this installation. All of the pictures show the both vents needing a horizontal section. I am attempting to use my existing roof jack location, however do not want to void the warranty or cause error codes for a faulty vent installation. The vent only needs to be 10' or so since it is going through a single story garage roof.

QueBall

Reaction score
You will be fine as long as intake and exhaust are not undersized for their individual run lengths. I'm starting to prefer this configuration actually, less need to capture condensate/rain on the intake and on the side you can clean out any debris that gets sucked in more easily. (spring when the air is full of seeds for example).

You can call their tech support to confirm calculations if you are unsure.

Only thing is they really do not test for this configuration so may not be supported (supported means they cannot help you troubleshoot and may require standardized venting if you had problems that pointed to pressure differential, doesn't mean it wouldn't work). There is a rare condition where there could be a localized pressure differential between the intake and exhaust positions that might cause the internal air pressure sensor to go into an error. I wouldn't worry about that though as it is so rare as to be inconsequential in practice unless the distance between vents is extreme or there is some kind of wind tunnel effect between houses causing low pressure at the intake. If it did happen you just reboot the heater.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks