Reducing faucet hole/opening

Users who are viewing this thread

Bratan

Reaction score
I'm installing RO system faucet into stainless steel sink. Faucet requires 1/2" opening to be cut, but I already have 1.5" inch hole where old hose used to be. Hole is directly in the stainless sink, just bare metal no counter-top is involved.
Is there any way I can "reduce" this hole to fit new faucet? Do they sell some kind of reducer rings flange or "washer" for this. Doesn't have to be anything great look, it's an old sink... I jut didn't want to drill new hole since I have this one :)

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would try a couple of nice looking stainless steel large washers with a 1/2" hole in the center.
Place one washer on top of the sink hole, then put the faucet in, place the second washer under the sink and the locking nut...voila.
You may need a helper to hold the faucet while you are working under the sink.

Reach4

Reaction score
They have RO faucets available with a big enough trim to cover your hole. Some of these have a built-in air gap. But that would cost more than a washer.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...eel-Fender-Washer-2-per-Pack-800541/204284504 would have a hole that would be a little over 1/2 inch and an OD of 2 inches. The picture is not the actual washer if I interpret this correctly. A fender washer has a bigger OD than a regular flat washer.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-0-375-in-IPS-Flange-C1831C/205153826 would have a 0.675" inch hole. If you look around for cheap escutcheons, you may find something that looks nice for the top.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can get stainless steel washers at Fastenal, they shine up nice with a little metal polish.

Bratan

Reaction score
Just because an R/O faucet "needs" a 1/2" hole, the faucet flange is usually much wider to cover most sink holes.
Thank you all! Yes flange was actually large enough to cover the hole with no issues! :)
Looks great too!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks