Recycle old plumbing fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

DG624

Reaction score
If a sink and toilet are not reusable then what about shower stall parts or doors? I saw a place in CA that was for reusable hardware. That should be considered everywhere. This is why I have not replaced my bathroom...what to do with the replaced pieces.

capecod

Reaction score
We have a freecycle site here, I think they are all over USA. And you can give away a lot of decent stuff.
We gave away a lot of old computers that the schools didnt want, and other stuff like skis and boating stuff.
I would seriously think that plumbing stuff would be wanted too, as there is tons of furniture there too.
And it goes fast!
Just hit the Yahoo Freecycle sites.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It all depends on condition, color, style, and local codes. You aren't supposed to install a toilet these days unless it meets the current codes...an old one uses too much water, and likely isn't the most sanitary thing to move. If I remember, without rereading all of this again, their sink was rusty...who'd want to install a rusty old sink? In addition, many of the older toilets just didn't work all that great.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some things might be reusable, but unless in pristine condition, few people would want to mess with them. Sinks and tubs may very well be rusty, and certainly old toilets should be scraped. Recycling is a great thing to do, but face it, not everything is worth it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you had a lot of them, you could do like a church in Florida did, and a guy in Washington. Make a "fence" between your property and the neighbor's.

Last edited:

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I've probably pocketed 10,000 on old tank lids in the past few years. 75.00 each adds up. leg tubs are like GOLD.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks