Recommendations for a quarter turn angle valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Bucky Badger, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger New Member

Can anyone recommend and where to get a quarter turn angle valve as a shut off valve going underneath a kitchen sink? I was thinking of using one of the big box stores quarter turn angle valves but apparently the ball inside is plastic.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

That is why we buy ours at plumbing supply wholesalers.
  3. DougB

DougB Member

I've found that these ball valves will scale up and sieze, when they aren't used for years. The plastic ball might be a better solution.

Besides - now PEX and PVC are used most everywhere - and they are a form of plastic.
  4. Hairyhosebib

Hairyhosebib New Member

5. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

I would get out the yellow pages and call a few places listed under "plumbing supply" to see what Dahl valves they carry.

In a pinch, there's a place in New York that specializes in replacement parts that carries Dahl. They aren't the cheapest, nor is their shipping, but they get it out the door pretty fast. Just google the part number and they should come up.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  6. dj2

dj2 Member

Plumbing supply outlets have them.
    There is nothing wrong with plastic parts, heck people have been using angle stops with plastic parts forever.
  7. dj2

dj2 Member

Plumbing supply outlets have them.
    There is nothing wrong with plastic parts, heck people have been using angle stops with plastic parts forever.
  8. Chris B.

Chris B. Electrician

Wow, I guess I should be happy that I can get these locally. I always try to buy products made in Canada and the US whenever possible.