Recommendation - Round bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

Will_CA

Reaction score
After much research here I installed a Ultramax II in my master bath and it's been absolutely fantastic.

Now my wife has decided we need to replace the remaining three toilets in the rest of the house. Two more Ultramax II's will be going in, but we have one bathroom that currently has a round bowl installed. This is a guest bathroom but due to proximity actually gets more use than any other bathroom in the house.

Currently from the front of the toilet to the wall we have 30" of room. This space is also the pass-thru to enter the shower (that is used probably 2x a year).

Is there a good quality round bowl (comparable to the ultramax ii)? I would prefer a one piece but could go two piece if needed, Drake II maybe?

Should I just install the elongated Ultramax II here and stop worrying about the extra 2" of bowl?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Personally, I'd probably just go elongated and not worry about it. your call. If the flange rough-in isn't exactly 12", or even if it is, you may be able to fudge the toilet back towards the wall a bit and not impact its operation...depends on the normal gap behind the toilet and the exact location of the flange. The outlet of the toilet is about 2-1/8", and the ID of the flange is at least 3", so that gives you an idea of how much you can fudge things.

Will_CA

Reaction score
I'm thinking the same thing. I have about 1" of clearance behind the existing tank so I can maybe move it a bit, but i'm not overly concerned with losing 2" on the front side. Just trying to appease the wife lol.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks