Recomend toilet for small bathroom

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Mike355, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Mike355

Mike355 New Member

I need a toilet for a small bath room. The bathroom is 4x5. Rough in is 12in.

The way the toilet is installed there is only 48in of space wall to wall. I think a round front toilet is my best bet. If I get a toilet that protrudes 28in, there would only be 20in of clearance in front of it. Are there any standards recomended for space in front of a toilet?

I am considering the Toto drake round because it is only 26 3/8 inches. Is there anything better out there, under $400 that you can recommend that is comparable? Please help.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Drake is the best of the round front out there that I'm seeing.
    It's a plumbers favorite.

The upgrade from that would be the round Ultramax.
  3. Mike355

Mike355 New Member

Thanks I will check that one out. Anyone else have any last minute suggestions? I will probably go to get the toilet this weekend.
  4. Runs with bison

Runs with bison Member

If the one you want is in stock, terrific. Otherwise, you might be able to get it cheaper by waiting for a regular delivery to the supply house--avoiding freight charges which can be substantial, if you have time and a flexible schedule for doing the work. I'm doing that...of course my Toto is stuck in Kansas at the moment so this might not be the best example. (No, I'm not making that up, my "beloved" Toto is lost in Kansas as we speak, I think the flying monkeys might have absconded with it...this stuff writes itself.)

Call ahead to make sure they have what you want or to get estimated delivery, and so that you can get a feel for prices. I prefer to shop local, but am only willing to pay so much for the privilege of doing so. With many things a good local vendor will be quite honest if they can't beat or match a price.

This has been especially true with tires. I order through Tirerack to get exactly what I want (and a fresh tire), but the locals are happy to get the mounting business. Most would have to sell at a loss to get close on the tire price and I never expect that from a vendor. We've all got to make a living.