Recirculation Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you know of anything that doesn't eventually wear out? Yes, the pump and the checkvalve can and likely will fail given enough time. How long, depends. Is yours running on a timer, or does it run 24/7? Mine's about 8-years old, and still working, but who knows when it will die. It's on a timer, so doesn't run all that much.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pretty much what Jim said in his reply. I have a Laing pump that is at least 5 years old and runs 24/7. No way to tell for sure how long anything mechanical or electrical will last, but it's like death and taxes.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I had a recirc pump last 25 years at my moms house ( I replace it recently) and I have had clients that have lasted as little as 8 years. As previously said, it depends on how often and how long it runs

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks