Recessed Lighting And Fire Rated Ceiling

Users who are viewing this thread

KULTULZ

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I wish to install recessed lighting in a fire rated ceiling. I have viewed the TENMAT covers and sheet metal fire boxes but they are not exactly what I need due to space availability.

Where can one find the intumescent sheet material to make one's own firebox?

Gary

Attachments

• Recessed Lighting Flame Shield.jpg
    Recessed Lighting Flame Shield.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,922

Billy_Bob

In the Trades
Reaction score
Search google.com for the words...

intumescent sheet cart

The words intumescent and sheet find the subject and the word cart limits the search to sites selling the product (shopping cart). Subjects like this can have zillions of articles and technical papers which pop up in a search. So just add cart to your search.

Also you can go to google.com, click on shopping at the top, then search for the words...

intumescent sheet

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
You can also get it in paint form. Very expensive but you don't need much. I don't remember the brand.

Fiber cement board (e.g., Hardi Plank siding) might also be useful.

pudge565

Reaction score
Does that box have to be NFPA certified or UL listed if so I don't think that you can make your own.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks