Recessed Lighting And Fire Rated Ceiling

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by KULTULZ, Jun 21, 2008.

1. KULTULZ

KULTULZ Jack of all trades, Master of none

Gentlemen,

I wish to install recessed lighting in a fire rated ceiling. I have viewed the TENMAT covers and sheet metal fire boxes but they are not exactly what I need due to space availability.

Where can one find the intumescent sheet material to make one's own firebox?

Gary

Attached Files:

2. Billy_Bob

Billy_Bob In the Trades

Search google.com for the words...

intumescent sheet cart

The words intumescent and sheet find the subject and the word cart limits the search to sites selling the product (shopping cart). Subjects like this can have zillions of articles and technical papers which pop up in a search. So just add cart to your search.

Also you can go to google.com, click on shopping at the top, then search for the words...

intumescent sheet
  3. alternety

alternety Like an engineer

You can also get it in paint form. Very expensive but you don't need much. I don't remember the brand.

Fiber cement board (e.g., Hardi Plank siding) might also be useful.
  4. KULTULZ

KULTULZ Jack of all trades, Master of none

Thanx Guys!

That cart idea was a good one.
  5. pudge565

pudge565 New Member

Does that box have to be NFPA certified or UL listed if so I don't think that you can make your own.