Rear outlet, Floor mount, toilet replacement

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jrh91709, Mar 30, 2011.

1. jrh91709

jrh91709 New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Chino Hills, Ca
    I have back to back bathrooms, toilets are rear outlet and share same Y outlet, old toilets are 5 gal gravity feed, what can I replace these with? And will I have to change any of the plumbing? Prefer not to break up concrete to change to bottom outlet.. Any suggestions? thanks
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    There are not a lot of choices
    Kohler, Gerber and American Standard make a rear outlet, floor mount with Flushmate pressure assist. Of those, I kind of like the Kohler, but they all work well.
    Of the Flushmate tanks, either the 1.6 or the 1.1 gpf work fine.
    I do not recommend the dual flush by WDI, EcoFlush. I quit selling that tank.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. gbwrestle

gbwrestle New Member

Jul 2, 2011

Hey, I have installed about 5 or 6 toilets with no problem. Are these any different in terms of ease of installation? Normal Floormount and flush ones are fairly easy that's why.

Thanks for the help!