rear exit vs. wall mount

Users who are viewing this thread

kate_l

Reaction score
Hi,

Last year I installed a Gerber toilet with the flushmate system in my old house when one of my toilets died. I have been extremely satisfied. At the time I thought that I saw that Gerber made a wall mount because I knew that my wall mount would be the next to go.

Well it is officially dead now & I need to get a replacement. I must have been mistaken about the Gerber because what I see now is just the rear exit model. So the first part of my question is what is the difference between the 2? I know that the rear exit sits on the floor and does not require the really strong mounting in the wall but what is the difference in terms of plumbing? Could a rear exit model replace my wall mount easily?

If I do have to go to a wall mount & don't get the Gerber rear exit because it wouldn't fit what brand and model would you recommend that would provide similar performance. I definitely need the flush assist because my pipes are old and have a low slope so they are prone to clogging.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Kate

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been replacing wall mount toilets with the American Standard Glenwall.
It is much cheaper to use the brackets you have.

attachment.php

http://terrylove.biz/home/57-american-standard-glenwall-wall-hung-toilet.html

They don't make a gravity wall hung any more. Only pressure assist.

Last edited:

kate_l

Reaction score
Thank you

Terry,

Thanks for the prompt response. I will get going on ordering it. Unfortunately I am not close enough to order from you or I would (unless you have a ship it to Texas option) I got the gerber info last time from your web site. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences. Its hard to get the straight dope on toilets these days. Not sure it was ever easy but I am sort of new at this.

Kate

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks