Rear discharge toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Larry daSalla

Reaction score
I am starting the process of renovating a bathroom in a converted loft building. The existing toilet is an American Standard rear discharge / 4" rough. Because of the way the bldg was designed I have to keep a rear discharge toilet. Does anyone know of a better looking alternative to the AS or the Kohler Barrington model? It would be great to have something more comtemporary. I was even wondering if a Geberit Monolith system would work. I'm concerned though about what's behind the wall and can the 4" rough be altered to be higher. If I choose the Geberit option am I asking for trouble or should I just replace with Kohler Barrington?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Impossible to tell you what is behind the walls, so you would have to make an opening to see what would be entailed to make a change. Rear outlet toilets are usually in utilitarian locations so most manufacturers don't go to the expense of creating "unique" designs which would have a limited demand.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks