really need advice

Users who are viewing this thread

poorkid

Reaction score
i live in a very old style manhattan loft and just started a process of installing a toilet into one of my rooms.
initially, the local contractor came and opened the wall which revealed a main pipe which he stated is suitable for connection...it is 2".

i know nothing about plumbing but know that a toilet line needs to be atleast 3".
the plumber insists that this will work and that he has installed toilets in a few other situations.

construction has started and yesterday and is in motion...although, everytime i look at this drain, it seems to give me pause...am i missing something?

if there is a problem in the future, should i install a macerating toilet instead -- will this help?

pls advise.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
I am not even an American plumber and I can tell you that 2" is against code as well as common sense for a toilet. Don't let him do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks