Reality Check on Submersible Well

Users who are viewing this thread

clifford

Reaction score
I have a 6" well and a Grundfos 16S20-18 pump that was installed in 2002 after the previous pump wore out after many years. The pump is at 225 feet and the static water level at the time was 194 feet.

My question is about the pipe size from the pump and the pipe size in the house. The pump specs say the pump has a 1-1/4" outlet and the bill of materials agrees saying that 225 feet of 1-1/4" pipe was installed when the pump was replaced. However, the pipe inside the house near the pressure tank is 2" pipe. Does that make any sense at all or have I goofed up somewhere? Why would there be a 2" pipe when the pump outlet is 1-1/4"?

The well is about 40 years old so many things could have changed over the years.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Welcome to Terry's Forums clifford.

The bigger the pipe size going in to the house, the better.

Then you don't have to rely on total pressure to have good water flow, Inside the house.

The tank can supply more than the pump alone.

Sounds like your house is plumed well, Not to many are, In my area.

Have a Great Day.

DonL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks