re-porcelainizing OR how do I get my tub re enameled?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by thirsytchicken, Jun 11, 2007.

1. thirsytchicken

thirsytchicken New Member

I am doing some research on our options for our completely decrepid but totally cool and beautiful old claw footed cast iron tubs. There are three in varying states of disrepair. I have spoken to two different acrylic urythane sprayer people. Very different price quotes. But I read somewhere on line that there is a company in illinois who actually applies new enamel and then fires the finish at 1400 degrees. Of course I would rather do this, but I live in new orleans. And I tried to contact the company,but their firewall blocked my correspondence. BUMMER.

Do any of you all have any idea if there is a similar service on the gulf coast? I have been unable to locate anything.

If not, do any of you all have anyhting to say about such services as miracle method, and other acrylic urythane products?

Please let me know, they are awesome tubs....
    Thanks a bunch, Janine
  2. thirsytchicken

thirsytchicken New Member

southern refinishing 708 barataria blvd. going to look today i will pass on my findings-J
  3. molo

molo Member

Please let us know what you find out, I am always interested in techniques like this

Molo