Re keying question

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
You are Robinhood! You got to store that loot somewhere. Send Cass a key. :) He is a very good sharer and will distribute the loot evenly.

Last edited:

DougB

Reaction score
Anyone who worries that much about security has a safe, and probably also a Desert Eagle.

I'm a software developer. Have client data, etc. on my home premises. I have steel doors with long, architectural screws into the double studs, and 1" Medeco dead bolts - a substantial lock. Also an alarm system, exterior cameras, and yes a UL safe. I purchased 15 keys. Put most in the safe.

However, it's a small price, to be able to work at home.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This is a good synopsis of the three grades of locks generally used in a residence or office. http://www.ehow.com/info_7871533_do-lock-grades-mean.html Just replacing the cylinder with a better one only helps somewhat. TO get the full advantage, the whole assembly must be adequate for your needs. Picking resistance in the lock is only one aspect of a lock assembly's security.

Last time I checked, Medco had three options on key security:
- a one-time build of the lock and keysets...not able to buy additional new keys ever
- a restricted means of acquiring additional keys...must provide the CC like card that authorizes additional keys to be honored which is coded
- additional keys at will from an authorized Medco dealer

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks