Rant: Kodak printer

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I purchased a 5300 all in one in January. Wow....ink carts. less than half the price of my hp's. Ha!
Seems the printhead technology is not fully developed! Seems there is a reason HP and others replace the print head with each ink cart.

After at most about 3 color carts, my print head went south in June. Kodak is well aware of the issue, and is covering it under warranty. Spent an inordinate amount of time talking to Ramalamadingdong in India, repeating all the troubleshooting steps I had done twice already in accordance with the web support site. But finally they send the new print head.

Now, after just 2 more color carts, it is dead again. First time it was overall washed out, this time it is yellow missing.

Got right through to cust service, to a gal who did NOT sound like she was in India. She accepted my brief explanation about what was wrong, what I had done, and agreed to send new print head. I had my previous case number, so that helped cut right through the red tape of name.address.bla bla bla. She assures me that the head is NOW improved, and should last a long time. Not holding my breath.

Anyone else have a Kodak 5300/5500 and have any problems???

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
hmmm ... no experience with Kodak printers, but I've had very good luck with Canon printers - from bubble-jet printers to all-in-one ink jets. Very reliable and print quality has been very good. -dog.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks, dog. I too have had good luck in the past with cannons. Also with HP's. Rest assured that at some point I will get fed up with this Kodak and toss it in a most unceremonius and un-green way right into the dumpster! And replace it with an HP or Cannon.

Macman

Reaction score
HP for laserjets, Epson for inkjets. My humble opinion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks