Random question: What is a permanent clog?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If you pour cement down your drains- that would be a permanent clog.
Since we don't know the story behind your question, it's pretty hard to say much more.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to include aggregate and water if you want good quality concrete. Cement in and of itself would not make as strong or as permanent a clog.

This reminds me of way back in the 70's when I worked in a concrete sewer pipe factory and they had a had a blowout when the delivery tanker was blowing cement powder into our big silo tank and cement dust blew mountains of cement all over the ground. I asked permission to take home "some". I took home 5 3/4 filled 55 gallon drums over a period of a few days with cement for my neighbor to use in building a big concrete patio. He did concrete flatwork on the side. We covered the barrels with poly and sealed them up to keep out the rain. His little son found his way up to the top of the barrels and poked holes in them. The rest is history. The barrels were a lot easier to drop off the back of my truck than what my neighbor had to do to dispose of those barrels with hardened cement in them. Each barrel was quite an easy load for my old F100 pickup, but they don't make 'em like they used to. Although, I did carry 1200 pounds of patio blocks one time in my 2000 Ford Ranger. I would not say it was no problem for the Ranger, but it was a short trip. The Ranger is actually rated at 1/2 ton.
Those barrels had permanent clogs:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks