Raising the dishwasher to new heights...

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Deloris, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Deloris

Deloris New Member

I would like to install my dishwasher 9-12 inches above the floor. It will be connected to the garbage disposer and there will be an air gap to prevent back flow. With the elevated height are there any plumbing concerns we should be aware of? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
  2. No. The Air Gap is the best protection when connecting to the drainage system. Take pictures of this finished application; I would like to see if this becomes a trend for people. They have ovens that avoid bending over, same with fridges, time for dishwashers to follow the same path. Shouldn't have to bend all the way to the floor to put dishes into a dishwasher.
  3. Deloris

Deloris New Member

I have seen it on several kitchen make over shows and it's being done for people with disabilities. I'm not getting any younger so I thought what the heck. I'm also going to be placing my dryer on a platform that will have a drawer in it.
  4. Good deal. I am all for these changes. Post pictures with your finished product in the future for all to see.