Raising my bathroom drain pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Madtown Flip

Reaction score
I'm remodeling my bathroom and I need to raise my drain pipe about six inches to fit inside my new vanity. Right now the drain pipe runs into an old metal pipe that runs several inches horizontally before connecting to a cast iron pipe. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks

Attachments

• Oct 13, 2007 042.jpg
    Oct 13, 2007 042.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 480
  • Oct 13, 2007 043.jpg
    Oct 13, 2007 043.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 526

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

For want of a better description, "with great difficulty". In fact I would say that the average DIYer would have neither the experience or equipment to do it properly.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Madtown Flip said:
I'm remodeling my bathroom and I need to raise my drain pipe about six inches to fit inside my new vanity. Right now the drain pipe runs into an old metal pipe that runs several inches horizontally before connecting to a cast iron pipe. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks
I would open the wall and cut the cast iron as needed and put in a new plastic piece. This is the only way to do it. You will need to use two mission couplings to go from cast iron to plastic. You will also need a tee wye to come out of the wall and attach a new "P" trap. It is not overly easy to do any of this so I would call a pro.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks