Raising my bathroom drain pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Madtown Flip, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Madtown Flip

Madtown Flip New Member

I'm remodeling my bathroom and I need to raise my drain pipe about six inches to fit inside my new vanity. Right now the drain pipe runs into an old metal pipe that runs several inches horizontally before connecting to a cast iron pipe. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

For want of a better description, "with great difficulty". In fact I would say that the average DIYer would have neither the experience or equipment to do it properly.
  3. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

I would open the wall and cut the cast iron as needed and put in a new plastic piece. This is the only way to do it. You will need to use two mission couplings to go from cast iron to plastic. You will also need a tee wye to come out of the wall and attach a new "P" trap. It is not overly easy to do any of this so I would call a pro.