Rainsoft Q2 not drawing brine during cycle -- any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

JasonS

Reaction score
Hello!

Are there any participants in this forum who are knowledgeable about Rainsoft Q2 systems anymore?

I've replaced the O-rings on the piston and the system runs through a cycle in a mostly normal manner. The system fills the brine tank with water, but never draws water from the brine tank.

Currently the Tri-Guard is full after the cycle completes and the white ball remains pegged at the top of the Tri-Guard.

Here's what I've done:

* Replaced piston O-Rings

* Removed brine line that goes from Tri-Guard to tank and ensured it is clear and unobstructed

* Removed smaller line from Tri-Guard to valve and made sure it is unobstructed

* Confirmed that the little venturi washer is inserted into the Tri-Guard fitting that the line from the valve connects to

* Confirmed that the screen in between the Tri-Guard line and the valve is clear and unobstructed

* Ensured there is no debris blocking the bottom of the Tri-Guard copper line coming from the valve

* Confirmed that the poppet is installed between the Tri-Guard and the copper line from the valve

* Confirmed that the o-ring on the poppet is in good shape

I'm stumped as to why the unit is not drawing brine.

Thanks,

Jason

JasonS

Reaction score
Here is the diagram and parts list of the exact valve that I'm troubleshooting.

Jason

Attachments

• rainsoft-q2-valve-diagram.pdf
    98.4 KB · Views: 634
  • rainsoft-q2-valve-parts-list.pdf
    103.8 KB · Views: 775

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
It might be time to look into replacing the system. I know of no parts for the system on the market and most likely even RainSoft does not have replacement parts.

Leonid Grossman

Reaction score
Here is the diagram and parts list of the exact valve that I'm troubleshooting.

Jason
Hi Jason,
Wonder if this was ever resolved, as I have the same system and troubleshooting a somewhat similar issue.
The system seems to work in two different cycles, using different amount of salt and drawing brine differently.
Most of the time, after the cycle when I run diagnostics * commands I see
~800 gallons of water used prior to regeneration
~4-5lbs of salt used for regeneration
the brine is drawn (salt in the tank is dry)
But on occasion, I see
~2400 gallons of water used prior to regeneration (about the same as the full capacity)
19lbs of salt used for regeneration
The brine is not fully drawn (there is water left in the tank)
the latter scenario is similar to what I see after the manual cycle.

if I run the phases manually, I can draw the brine - so it looks like the brine drawing cycle is just not long enough in the latter case...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks