Rainsoft AQB Series E

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Max1956, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Max1956

Max1956 New Member

My softener(rainsoft AQB series) had a power outage and my backup battery went low. I added a new battery, reset my computer with previous settings and tried to regenerate manually but nothing happened. I even set the current time to 5 minutes before generation time and waited for those five minutes. Nothing happened. My cams are not turning, What gives?
    Thanks
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

If your system is of the brass body, then most likely the main motor is gone.
    If your system is the plastic body that looks like the Fleck ProFlo or 5000 then the cam motor is gone.
  3. Max1956

Max1956 New Member

Thanks, It is a brass body and after looking at it closer I found the motor is running but nothing turning but the shaft of the motor. The shear pin is not broken and the gear on the end of the motor shaft appears to have the gears still there(not sheared). Could something in the gear box be bad or does that happen very often?
    Thanks
  4. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Sadly there are no parts for your system today.
    If the motor is turning but it is not getting the cams to turn then there is problem and with no parts other than what you might find used, it is time to replace the system.
    :(