rain soft problems

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by whyworry78, Nov 19, 2013.

1. whyworry78

whyworry78 New Member

Hello I have a 2001 rainsoft gold series that needs repair. The system rejuvenates but does not take the water out of the holding tank so the tank just keeps filling. Is this something I can repair maybe o rings or something, or should I just replace the whole system? If I need to repair where can I get the parts? Thanks for any information

2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    Can you post a picture of the unit? I believe the Gold series from then was a proprietary Fleck valve, similar to a 5000, but this is only a guess.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Owner of SWS Systems WWW.SWSSYSTEM.COM
    Could be as simple as the venturi clogged up. Post a pic as Ditto says and we can help to determine what is wrong.

5. whyworry78

whyworry78 New Member

6. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

7. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Retired
    Or loose brine line connections or a blocked injector screen or blocked/kinked drain line.

Or a little screen inserted in the brine line at either end.

8. whyworry78

whyworry78 New Member

I took all of the things I could find apart and cleaned them checked for kinks inspected all I could see I hope I got the problem fixed. started a regen to see what will happen. I have never heard from rain soft since I bought the unit and what are the odds they called me last night and asked if I needed a tune up told me it would be $90 plus parts to come out and look at it. I told them I didn't need them just yet. What do the numbers mean when you press the rain drop and the program enter at the same time?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013