rain shower head height...

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by chris fox, May 19, 2007.

1. chris fox

chris fox New Member

Were using a rain style shower head with a 16" arm and need to know a good height. I know the nominal height for a shower head is 72" but also know its up to the user based on a search in this forum but that thread was related to a regular style shower head.
    I never used a rain style head before, is there a recommended height to get the best experience using this style?
    I am 6'2" and wife is 5'5" and thinking of 84"

thanks
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I'd want it high enough so if I was lathering up my hair, I wouldn't have a chance of knocking the thing. 10" should be enough.
  3. chris fox

chris fox New Member

assuming 10" inches over my height (6'2").

thanks
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

YEs, that's what I was thinking...
  5. AlwaysInHotWater

AlwaysInHotWater New Member

Another option is to position the outlet at a more normal height and use a riser-extension arm instead of a straight arm. This allows you to switch back to a standard shower arm and head at a later date without it being out of reach for some users.

Look here towards the bottom of the page for the type of arm you might want to consider: http://www.neatitems.com/shower_arms.htm