Rain Barrel Pumps and Recirculation

Users who are viewing this thread

K2

Reaction score
Website
www.draghead.com
Hey Guys,
I'm hoping this is the right forum for this, but we have a pretty big backyard organic garden. Our rain barrels are far enough away that I need additional pressure to be able to water the garden, and we add some organic nutrients to 'bolster' the water, some times combining it with organic compost tea.

I'd like to put a submersible pump in my barrel to drive the pressure side of the equation. My next requirement is where I'm getting hung up:

When we shut off the watering wand, to move from one garden box to the next, I would like the pump to recirculate the water/tea mixture IN the barrel so it won't create sediment.

I was hoping I could put a check valve after the outlet of the pump (branched off of a Tee on the same line as the watering wand) so when we shut off the water wand the recirculation will take effect.

Does this seem like a valid solution, or will it ruin the pump and/or kill the pressure when we try to engage the watering wand again?

I'm hoping to come in around $100-150 dollars for this solution... and I've found a few pumps around 1HP for $75-80 that would seem to do the trick...

thanks!
Kurt

p.s. there is a company that made the PERFECT solution, but they no longer sell them, even though the webpage is still active: http://www.besthomewatersavers.com/products/Rain-Barrel-Pump-and-Hose-Kit.html

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks