Radio sewer locator

Users who are viewing this thread

Nukedaddy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was in the business for many years, a third-generation plumber, but have been a nuclear turd-herder for 15 years now. Back in the day, I prided myself and my family's adoption of technology early. We had a radiosonde sewer locator that was a handheld device with speaker and analog meter connected to a 16 inch or so ling cylindrical directional antenna. The transmitter sonde was factory sealed with a magnetic switch. Bright yellow plastic, about 2 inchs long and an inch thick. You could attach in to a snake, or tie on light line and flush it. Using the locator box you were good down to about 15 feet but was not so great with cast or copper.
I don't remember the company name, bur the logo was a cartoon rat in a helmet with antenna on it. Kind of "Jetsons" looking.
Does the company still exist? Does anyone remember the name? I think they were from the Northwest.
I have a need for such a device, but no real desire to shell out a couple grand or more for the latest-greatest.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these detectors gathering dust, I might buy you and your wife a nice dinner in exchange for it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks