radiator supply line

Discussion in 'Boiler Forum' started by Steve39, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Steve39

Steve39 New Member

I have a gas fired boiler with hot water radiators. During a previous renovation I had radiator lines (supply and return) run into a room that was without a radiator. The pipes were stubbed in and individually capped. Now that I am renovating this room I have opted to to forgo installing a radiator as I am installing electric baseboard heat. My question is this: before I close in the wall where these pipes are located should I make a loop between the two lines or can I leave them individually capped? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Steve
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

radiator

It depends on the system. If it is a "MonoFlow" type diversion tee system you should tie the two together so the maximum water is available, or remove that tee, or tees depending on whether they used one or two MonoFlo tees, from the system.
  3. Steve39

Steve39 New Member

resolution

HJ
    Wouldnt it be the safest bet to sweat the two together as I havent a clue if it is "monoflow" and any tees that exist are buried in a wall.
    steve