Radiator supply line flange leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

DTW79

Reaction score
image.jpg
Hello, not crrtain this is the right forum to post this question but i have a 3 bolt 1" flange on my radiator supply line which is leaking. I believe there is a gasket between two joined flanges on the pipe. Now, its getting colder here in Michigan so we decided its time to fire up the boiler, incidentally the supply line in basement that runs to second story of master bedroom radiator is dripping from between these two flanges. The 1" piece of pipe is 16" long and split by these flange fittings, i am assuming, so they could fit everything together in order to make the work easier.
Question is, because this line is tied to main supply line that leads to all other radiators in the house with no shut off valve between main supply and this flange, how am i to repair this without getting an extremely hot shower of black radiator water all of me and my basement. The home was built in 1913 but not sure when this plumbing was done. There is an image attached below. Thanks for any help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks